By Katja Schroeder, Expedition PR
Your product is ready to be revealed. You are planning a targeted PR and marketing campaign to get it off the ground with the right positioning. Take a look at our check list of marketing and PR essentials that you should have in place for the launch.
1. Corporate backgrounder: Prepare a 1-2 page document that describes your company and the value proposition of your product in simple language. Keep executive bios as add-ons on file to show the strengths of the management team.
2. Visuals: Pictures and videos are the most shared content. Prepare screen shots (high res and low res) that can be shared with the media and via social media channels.
3. Product demo: If you can see it, you believe it. A short product demo video can win reporters – and potential customers over – in less than 2 minutes.
4. Key words: Identify the 3 top key words that you want to own. Those key words should be represented in all your media materials, product brochures, social media posts and website text.
5. Product Launch release: Prepare a launch release with the following elements: a product overview with information on what challenges the product addresses, customer reference and example, an executive quote and details on key product features.
6. Customer reference: If your product in beta, ask one of your beta customers whether they would be willing to be for release/materials/Customer availability for media interviews.
7. Social media profiles: Start building your community on your corporate social media channels prior to the official launch. This way you won’t start with 0 followers on day 1 and can use your social media channels to create excitement around the launch. Focus on the 1-3 key channels instead of spreading thinly across 10 channels. You can start teasing the community about the launch.
8. Google Analytics: Set up Google Analytics to track the impact of your campaign including website referrals. You can set and track specific goals, such as a product demo request or product brochure download.
For more product marketing and PR tips, download the second edition of our eBook Startup Series “Product Launch Marketing: Tips & Tricks,” here. The eBook covers five crucial product marketing program decisions: timing, platform, influencer relations, communications mix and measurement tools.